I would call this Mother’s recipe with a twist added by me. Let me share the goodness of these ingredients combined together which satisfies your sweet tooth and gives a healthy energy boost without any side effects (Except if you are allergic to nuts or cocoa).
DIY Cocoa Energy Balls:
1 cup Almonds
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Pistachio
1 cup Cashews (Optional)
1 cup Dry dates Powder (Kharik)
1 cup Oats Powder
3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
Honey (As per your preference of sweetness)
- Powder them in a blender separately, each ingredient.
- Mix all other ingredients except cocoa and honey.
- In a saucepan, take about a teaspoon of ghee (Clarified butter) or Coconut oil (For Vegan option), add the mixture and roast slightly for 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool completely and then add the cocoa and honey.
- Start binding and make balls. (size totally depends on what you prefer).
There you go! Store them in an airtight container and relish this healthy chunk every day.